Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In National News...Health Care Reform


Combined two pictures from flickr.com 

March 21, 2010 -- Barack Obama's health care bill gained enough votes to be passed into law.
March 23, 2010 -- Our president has officially signed the health care bill into law.

I don't follow politics religiously, but I've been reading up about the bill and the U.S. population's reaction to it since Sunday. I'm going to stay neutral here because I don't enjoy arguing about these kinds of things... anymore. It's impossible to come to an agreement or compromise, especially with this bill. Reactions have proved to be polar opposites; people are either blissfully happy or absolutely infuriated.

I'm just interested in where my fellow classmates, as well as others that may be reading my blog out there, stand on this issue.

If you choose to comment, let's keep it classy people.

Articles and comments about the health care reform:

2 comments:

  1. I'll be honest, I have no idea how to react to this whole thing. I haven't done any research really, but I'm just nervous about the whole thing. I was raised in a family where having health care was never a concern, it was always just there. But, my parents worked hard to be where they are and to get a job where health care was a benefit. I still believe that health care should be a benefit, not a right, but who am I to talk because I've never been in a situation where I couldn't go to the doctor or get my medications.
    I guess I'll just stay with you and be neutral. I used to be very strongly anti this bill, but I've listened to others and I understand their view as well. If it doesn't cost me tons and tons of money, then I don't see why these other people shouldn't have health care, but I DO NOT want to be putting out lots of money for people who in the mindset that it is okay for me to pay for their health care.
    PS: I hope that last statement didn't make me look like a jerk lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, this statement didn't make you look like a jerk. I definitely understand your point. Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete