Thursday, January 28, 2010

So Much Out There

It's the third week of classes and it's about time I turn more of my attention toward this internet-updating, surfing the web business; unlike the easily distracted first graders I met, Thursday morning, at my TE301 placement. haha.

I don't know how anyone else feels about the development of their PLN's (Personal Learning Network), but I think I'm still at the beginning stages of Stage 1- Immersion. There's so many blogs on the Internet and I keep thinking that I will find one that's perfectly engaging, knowledgeable, useful, etc. But that's not the case. For example for class this week we have to focus our attention more toward twitter; so, I went and I downloaded tweetdeck, an organizer for your tweets, mentions, and messages. The video my professor showed us in class had a guy on there that follows about 20,000 people right now! That's insane. Anyway, although following 20,000 person's tweets/blogs isn't necessary, just one or two won't cut it either. As our class website shows, "Immerse yourself into networks. Have a feeling of not being able to leave it, afraid you'll miss something. And feel like if you do miss something, you missed an opportunity." Very true and pretty motivating, don't you think?

Everyone is capable of catching your interest with just one blog post/tweet; so, everyone keep reading!

I usually write myself reminders and post them on the wall in my apartment. They're usually not corny, motivational notes like this one, but I was watching "The Waterboy" and I couldn't help myself :)

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm in that stage of Immersion/Overwhelmed/There's so much to choose so I have no idea what to choose/Can't remember everything out there/Don't wanna miss out on anything. There's so much, just like you said! Hopefully we'll start to figure everything out soon and maybe even feel comfortable with all of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya definitely! I feel like I'm getting pretty comfortable with this stuff already. It was just so new, I had to familiarize myself with it all. But I still need to get it to become an every day priority, to reads other's blogs, comment, and find out what's out there.

    ReplyDelete