Saturday, February 27, 2010

Development of my PLN


So far, so good.

I feel that I'm getting more out of this class than any other course I've taken within the TE program. Let me show you what I've got and what I've learned about so far while developing my Personal Learning Network.
  1. This blog
  2. Twitter account (hardly used, but I've got it)
  3. Learned about social bookmarking
  4. Started developing a personal website
  5. flickr.com and Creative Commons
  6. TPACK
  7. Google Docs
  8. Google Reader
  9. BBP
  10. Slidecast...
I could list a lot more things, but I won't. There's too much I've come across through reading others' blogs, education articles, etc.

Each new task we come across in class comes with a various levels of difficulty, but this whole technology thing is getting easier. Checking in on my PLN has almost become a part of everyday life. I'm definitely more comfortable with it, but after this week's audio task I need a breather...

2 comments:

  1. A "breather" sounds perfect. Recording audio, editing audio, adding audio, etc. took me almost 4 hours! I am a little burned out. The entire time, I was thinking, "There's got to be an easier way!" I like learning how to do new things, and add to my PLN, but as teachers are we going to have time to spend 4 hours on a 3-slide presentation? I suppose it is just part of picking and choosing which technological tools we want to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But at least we do know how to work the process now. I guess the whole idea of the class is to introduce us to new things and we're not going to understand them or work through them perfectly the first time. I feel confident that the next time I try to make a presentation with audio, it will go more smoothly and it'll be less time-consuming... but who knows :P We shall see.

    ReplyDelete