Wednesday, April 14, 2010

LIteracy Reference Project


So I just recently started doing my Literacy Reference project for TE 301. A lot of people seemed really stressed out about it. I wasn't so worried just because I hadn't even read the rubric for it. I'm glad, though, that I didn't start sooner because my professor announced to us, just recently, that we could don't have to necessarily make a binder of references; we could make a WEBSITE.

CEP 416 is a life saver. Before taking this class, the idea of making a website would have never crossed my mind and I would probably have been deathly afraid of even attempting to make one.

Most of my peers, that I've talked to, have vigorously been working on a binder for weeks and I just sat down one day and I'm already half way done.

Anyway, what led me to write about this is a blog called Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day. For our projects we have to include references that talk about how to teach special education students as well as SLL's. On Larry's blog he shared a great resource for teaching English language learners; it's a 62-page document, but that doesn't matter if you're working with a website :) Here's the link if you don't follow his blog.

1 comment:

  1. Last year, if someone had told me I needed to make a website, I would've panicked. Even this semester, the prospect of designing a page scared me. I thought I had to know HTML code! Luckily, this very informative course gave me such an opportunity. I used Google Sites, and basically taught myself how to create and edit a website. Not so tough! I am excited about having our blogs and our portfolio sites as "evidence" of what we've learned! I know for a fact that I will maintain my website and look forward to showing it to future employers. It feels good to learn how to use things, and it feels even better to know that those things will benefit us in the future.

    ReplyDelete